Hard Water Stains on Drinking Glasses

I wanted to serve better looking glasses, in Nebraska we have the hardest water! So once a month, I fill my dish washer with one cup vinegar, and place my drinking glasses into the dish washer and let it run. Yes, I do put rinse aid into the washer, but it doesn't help the glasses have a dip on the bottom. The vinegar does help the drains also.

By 6956 from 88olds88

Answers

January 19, 2010 Flag

How do you remove hard water stains from glass tumblers?

Basant from Bangalore, India

Answers:

Hard Water Stains on Glass Tumblers

Have you tried soaking them in vinegar? (11/11/2008)

By mom-from-missouri

Hard Water Stains on Glass Tumblers

I was going to say soak in a solution of 1/2 water 1/2 white vinegar for about 20 min. Remove from soaking and rub the glasses with a damp cloth dipped in baking soda. Rinse in hot water and dry immediately with a tea towel.

Good Luck (11/11/2008)

By hedera

Hard Water Stains on Glass Tumblers

I agree with the vinegar, use it full strength. Just put it in a large bowl and roll the glasses in it. Save the vinegar and you can use it over and over.

(11/11/2008)

By PICO

Hard Water Stains on Glass Tumblers

A cut lemon has worked better for me than vinegar. (11/11/2008)

By kimhis

Hard Water Stains on Glass Tumblers

Cut glass seems to defy most conventional methods of washing when it comes to avoiding hard water stains. I have used bottled water in a pinch. But have you tried bleach? The food place where I worked put a tablespoon of bleach to each gallon of HOT water. It seemed to work. The water evaporated quickly and no one we served ever got sick from our sanitation methods. (11/12/2008)

By Tim

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesJanuary 19, 2010
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Cleaning Well Water Stains from a Bathtub
Insulated Drinking Glass
Using Insulated Drinking Glasses
🎉
🎄