Share Crafts

Mother Earth News Chicken and Egg Page

Mother Earth News has done testing on free range chicken eggs vs. the normal store bought eggs and the differences are remarkable. Their new chicken and egg page has test results and information on raising chickens. Basically free range chickens are chickens that are allowed to walk around, peck, eat grass, weeds and insects plus chicken feed as opposed to those that spend their lives in a tiny pen. How many of you out there have your own chickens?

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Sandra 3 5 08/13/2005

It makes sense and very interesting. I don't have chickens, merely eat them, but this is very fascinating.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Jan (Guest Post) 08/13/2005

I use to raise a lot of poultry,chickens ,ducks,pheasants,once a few geese.My chickens had the run of the farm.Raised both laying hens and broilers.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Frater Mus 2 07/05/2010

Had a coop when I was a child living on some land. Now a suburbanite and have a handful of pullets. Lots of cheap fun.

Two RIRs and two EEs.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No