Our New Girls

Last year was a devastating year for our family. We lost all 6 of our chickens to raccoons over the course of a few months. Two of them were almost 6 years old and another was more like a pet dog than a chicken to us. After a lot of contemplation we decided to try again, after extensive fortification of our coop. These are our 5 new girls, exploring outside for the first time!

We have 1 black sex link, 1 amber sex link, 1 gold laced wyandotte, 1 silver laced wyandotte, and 1 Ameraucana (Easter Egger). I really enjoy raising chickens from chicks, because you have the chance to really bond with them.

lalala,

Your girls are soooo adorable to me too, I can sure see why you love them as you do. There's a big part of me that wishes I lived where we could have them too. They're so smart, sweet and loving.

That's sad about your other feathered family, with the racoons.

I'm glad you've got your new girls, and I'm sure they're loving life with you and your family.

Thanks for sharing! I really enjoy seeing them too. :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your chickens. That is so sad.
It is good to hear though, that you have welcomed more to love. That is a nice picture of the girls enjoying the fresh and green grass.:)

Reply Like this photo? Yes
Anonymous

So beautiful. Hope they live in a movable enclosure..

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Pets Birds ChickensMay 9, 2019
🎂
🎃
🌻