Car Tag (License Plate) Flag
Make an American flag from an old car tag.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- old car tag (license plate)
- spray paint (red or white)
- acrylic paint
- star stencil
Spray paint the tag (license plate) using either red or white. That way you will only have to paint one set of stripes. Let dry.
- Paint on your blue background for stars, let dry.
- Paint on your other colored stripes, let dry.
- Use your star stencil to paint on the stars. You can free hand if you like or don't have a stencil.
- When the stars are dry paint with glitter paint.
- When completely dry, seal with acrylic sealer and let dry.
- Put wire in holes at top of tag. Hang and enjoy. Great for the upcoming 4th.
By Sandy from Bluff City, TN
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
July 3, 20080 found this helpful
I love this, you can hang anywhere, like your porch, on your pool fence. A great way to say I love the U.S.A.
July 4, 20080 found this helpful
could stencil your house numbers on it too in black for year round use , great idea thanks for sharing! happy 4th!
July 9, 20080 found this helpful
What a cute idea !!
This will look great on a porch, or near the door.
And your directions were easy to understand.
I believe this is an item that the younger cub scouts could do, and yet it is also one that the older kids would like to do as well !!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 26, 2016 at 3:49:50 PM on 10.0.2.114 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us