Preparing for Winter - Buy Essentials Before Winter Hits - Categories:

HomeSafety

Preparing for Winter - Buy Essentials Before Winter Hits

The best way is to prepare before winter (or bad weather). Stock up on things that disappear literally in hours from stores: batteries, water, flashlights.

Buy a few things every few weeks and keep them in a certain place. We don't have "winter" here, but we do have hurricanes, tornadoes, etc., and the preparation is similar.

Also, a generator is a good investment for power outages.

By Dannie

I buy stuff for the winter season through out the year, In January, I buy the winterization stuff like the plastic and air conditioner cover and put it away the stuff for the next year in a plastic tote box, and then I stock up on the other stuff through out the year, and then I don't have to go out as much in the winter, I dont drive so this helps me in the cold.

Better Living Safety HomeSeptember 29, 2004
Cold frame and glass cloches for plant protection.
Preparing Your Garden for Winter
Tree Fallen on House After Hurricane
Preparing for a Hurricane
Tree Covered with frost
Preparing Your Trees for Winter
Preparing Your Car for Winter, Young man putting snow chains on his car tire
Preparing Your Car for Winter
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:23:06 AM on 10.0.0.227 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.