Using Rubber Gloves

Category Personal
This is a page about using rubber gloves. There are many ways to use latex gloves to keep your hands clean and protected.

I'm right handed and while using rubber gloves, I wear out the right hand glove before the left one. When I have two perfectly good left hand gloves, I turn one inside out and instantly I have a right hand glove to go with my other left hand glove. A little bath powder sprinkled inside the glove makes it comfortable and easy to get on and off. Works for me.

By littergitter from NC

Instead of keeping my rubber gloves in the kitchen drawer, I hang them on the stove, using magnets. That is where they stay until I use them again, which is two or three times a day.

Since I started doing this, I have noticed that my rubber gloves last a lot longer.

Go to Sally's Beauty Supply and buy yourself a box of beauticians' rubber gloves. Put them on before mixing meatloaf ingredients and other foods that are best mixed by hand.

When the good dish gloves wore through, I had another pair of the other. I put the other ones inside the good ones and now I have a pair that still gives me the protection I need, no leaks, and double the thickness.

Dish gloves that have been doubled up.

I have found the best thing for removing dog hair from furniture is rubber gloves. The texture in them helps pick up the hair easily so you can vacuum it off.

The dollar store has 2 pair for $1.00.

To take the hot turkey from the pan, use a new pair of rubber gloves. For the amount of time you will be holding the turkey, the heat does not go through and you have a tight hold on the turkey so you won't drop it or it won't fall apart before it gets to the cutting board.

I buy my kitchen gloves at the Dollar Tree. They never have a size small and they don't last as long as the other brands.

A pair of yellow kitchen gloves, doubled up.

When potting plants, I use the thin type rubber gloves that you can buy in a box and toss when finished. Works great for weeding too because you can "feel" what you are doing much better.

I am not as inclined to pull something other than a weed if I have them on.

Here is an easy way to put on rubber gloves. Just sprinkle baby powder inside the gloves. They will slip on very easily.

What is the best way to clean reusable household gloves? Cleaning the outside of them is easy, but when I need to clean them completely I don't know the best way to do it.

Please help because I have several pairs and I don't want to throw them away when I can clean them and reuse them. Thanks so much!

Answers

Best Answer

Have you ever tried to throw them in a washing machine on gentle cycle and hang them up to dry?

You can also try turning them inside out and just cleaning the inside the same as you did the outside. Hang them up to dry.

Best Answer

I soak them in cool soapy water, rinse, then dry somewhere warm. I let them dry once outside in the sun and it didn't work out well-- dried them too much and got crispy and tore.

Do you wear rubber gloves to wash dishes?

Katie from Hiram, GA

Answers

If you want to protect your hands you do.

By K (Guest Post)

I know I SHOULD but I don't. I like the feel of the water on my cold hands and you can feel stuff that may be left on dishes that you thought were clean while wearing gloves. Plus I hate dealing with taking them off and where to hang them.

To compensate for no gloves I switched to a more gentle dish soap that still gets the dishes just as clean and I always use hand lotion after dishwashing and try to use hand lotion after hand washing in general. It only takes a small dab.

By Terri (Guest Post)

Always. Otherwise my nails are weakened.

Sometimes, but my diabetes has left me with less feeling in my fingers so when I do, I use the gloves that have gripper texture on the palm and fingers. I also always put my favourite hand cream on my hands before putting on the gloves. The heat from the hot water then softens my hands better than just applying the lotion alone. Use a non-greasy one.

By Claudia-MD (Guest Post)

Yes...they are a bit cumbersome but I think they really help with the split nails, hangnails, dry hands.

It does protect your hands. I read in some magazine awhile back that to treat your hands you should apply good lotion or cream to your hands without rubbing it into your hands all the way and wash your dishes while wearing the gloves. The heat from the water is supposed to really help the lotion penetrate into your hands.

By denise w (Guest Post)

No and my hands look great at 40.

By Teresa (Guest Post)

No way, can't stand working with them on.
I don't like the feeling. The only time I wear rubber gloves is when I had to clean out my daughter's fish tank. Ugh!
Teresa

Do you wear rubber gloves, and what for?

Matt from Seattle, WA

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

I've tried just about every tool on the market for grooming my cats. Having spent upwards of $30 for the Furminator, I found that although it does a good job of removing fur, just a simple, soft, rubber brush does just as well and obviously feels better to my beasts.

The Furminator had them howling and in "escape mode" at first stroke. And that was with the lightest possible pass over their fur. I don't know if its the static electricity the device generates or the sharp teeth that literally pulls hair out, no matter how lightly one applies the comb.

My two cats are older rescue cats with a calm nature. It is not like them to fight any kind of grooming or attention. They are happy to lie calmly as I run a soft rubber brush over them. I collect just as much fur, with no fuss, no distress, and no need to hold them down.

Save yourself some money and discomfort for both you and your pets. Go with a simple pliable rubber brush. Your feline fellas will feel loved and cared for and look forward to their twice weekly grooming.

By Lynn Briggs from Cincinnati, OH

Comment Like this photo? 1

Having your dish gloves fill with water defeats the purpose of using them. The next time you find a hole in your dish gloves, try patching them before deciding to throw them out.

How to Patch Tears in Rubber Gloves - repaired glove

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Better Living Safety PersonalJune 9, 2014
😷
🌻
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Rubber-Gloves-1.html