Using Rubber Gloves

Do you wear rubber gloves, and what for?

Matt from Seattle, WA

I wear rubber gloves for ALL dish washing and ALL wet cleaning. Obviously, I don't wear them for dusting or sweeping! I have a pair only for dishes and another pair for dirty cleaning.

I don't use "rubber" gloves, but I have disposable ones around for any messy job, especially in the kitchen. I REALLY HATE getting meatloaf mix, bread dough etc. under my nails!

I don't wear rubber gloves for anything. I find them cumbersome and can clean things better with just my bare hands.

But I do wear those disposable clear plastic gloves when I have a painting project. And I wear cloth garden gloves for gardening and yard work.

I wear rubber gloves for washing up the dishes and also as I look after my parents I use a pair for doing the laundry as I never know what I'm going to find among to dirty clothes - also for other cleaning jobs and for cleaning out the cats littler trays

Like bluealt I use mine for painting...when I have small wooden pieces to paint, I find it easier to put on the gloves, put the paint on the glove and then use my hand to paint with...much easier than a brush for small items. I get them in a large box from Home Depot.

Anonymous

Hope you don't mind a funny answer and hope you're old enough to remember and appreciate that jingle ;-) Seriously, I wear gloves when:
"I am gonna wash that gray right out of my hair" ;-)

I have to use rubber gloves because of allergies and if I don't I am sorry. Use them for washing dishes, car and home cleaning, hand-washing clothes and any other time I am using any strong chemicals.

I use rubber gloves whenever I mop my floors, or whenever using bleach and those are a reusable pair; However, when I lived in the states with my elderly parents I cared for my mother who was recovering from a fall and so we had boxes of disposable pairs in the bathrooms and their bedroom.

I wear them when preparing meats for dinner or when I buy meat in bulk and divide it up into baggies.
-Michele

Anything involving my dog's butt.

I roasted, peeled and seeded jalapenos the other day, and DIDN'T have any!! Needless to say, taking out and putting in my contacts that nite and the next morn was TORTURE! Took home disposable plastic gloves last night for the next time!

I work at a preschool and wash dishes there. I use yellow rubber gloves. Plus I use them for housekeeping at my boss's house.

everything

Yes for all cleaning around the house. Also, for cooking. Don't want to touch raw protein (meats) or spicy with my bare hands.

I use gloves for all cleaning tasks. I use small disposable latex gloves for the bathroom, hair dying, food prep, and washing hair. Also, I use small reusable ones for heavy duty cleaning.

I dated a girl and she had me wear rubber gloves for all cleaning, including dusting and vacuuming. I still keep those habits. I wear them for all chores, even though I'm a guy. I don't think gender really matters and my new girlfriend thinks the same thing.