How to Patch Tears in Rubber Gloves

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts

How to Patch Tears in Rubber Gloves - repaired gloveThere's nothing more irritating than feeling your gloves suddenly fill up with water while you're doing the dishes. In the past, I've either spent loads on cheap gloves, or tried to pay more for better gloves, only to find they lasted maybe a few weeks longer. Now, when I encounter tears and holes in my rubber gloves, I immediately patch them up. I use a small piece from an inconspicuous area of the glove, then patch the tear with Gorilla Glue, which is weather resistant and waterproof. I've been saving so much money this way. Here's how to do it.

Total Time: 5 minutes plus dry time

• damaged rubber glove
  • scissors
  • Gorilla Glue
  • plastic wrap
How to Patch Tears in Rubber Gloves - supplies

1. To create the patch piece, cut a small piece of the glove from an inconspicuous area the same size and shape of the tear, but a little bigger.
  2. How to Patch Tears in Rubber Gloves - cut a piece of glove as a patch

3. Make sure the glove is laying flat where the tear is so it's as closed up as possible. Dab on a drop or two of Gorilla Glue, then place the patch on top.
  4. How to Patch Tears in Rubber Gloves - have glove flat and dab on a bit of glue and place the patch on top

5. Put a piece of plastic wrap over the patched area so you can press down on the patch and glove without getting glue everywhere. Cover with a heavy object or use clothespin to pinch them closed. Allow to dry for at least 45 minutes, then peel off the plastic wrap.
  6. How to Patch Tears in Rubber
 Gloves - cover with a piece of plastic wrap and press down with a heavy object or clothespin until dry

Home and Garden Repair OtherSeptember 10, 2019
🌻
👔
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Patch-Tears-in-Rubber-Gloves-1.html