How to Patch Tears in Rubber Gloves

There's nothing more irritating than feeling your gloves suddenly fill up with water while you're doing the dishes. In the past, I've either spent loads on cheap gloves, or tried to pay more for better gloves, only to find they lasted maybe a few weeks longer. Now, when I encounter tears and holes in my rubber gloves, I immediately patch them up. I use a small piece from an inconspicuous area of the glove, then patch the tear with Gorilla Glue, which is weather resistant and waterproof. I've been saving so much money this way. Here's how to do it.

Total Time: 5 minutes plus dry time

• damaged rubber glove
  • scissors
  • Gorilla Glue
  • plastic wrap

1. To create the patch piece, cut a small piece of the glove from an inconspicuous area the same size and shape of the tear, but a little bigger.
  2. Make sure the glove is laying flat where the tear is so it's as closed up as possible. Dab on a drop or two of Gorilla Glue, then place the patch on top.
  3. Put a piece of plastic wrap over the patched area so you can press down on the patch and glove without getting glue everywhere. Cover with a heavy object or use clothespin to pinch them closed. Allow to dry for at least 45 minutes, then peel off the plastic wrap.

Home and Garden Repair OtherSeptember 10, 2019
🎂
🌻
😷
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Patch-Tears-in-Rubber-Gloves-1.html