Advice For Putting Queen Size Bed On Risers

I have a queen size bed that I would like to put on risers. The problem is I do not like the risers to show. The bedskirt is not long enough to cover them. I have tried using a queen and a king size bedspread but the queen is too short and the king is too long. I have also tried using a king size bedskirt. It is too large. Does anyone have any suggestions?

suzi_homemaker01 from Central Texas

What about those covers that go from the top of the box springs to the floor? are those things called duvet covers? I'm not sure about the name, but many bedding sets have that one skirt for the bottom half of the bed to the floor. You could make one by hemming a pretty skirt onto a flat sheet and putting it under your top mattress. Maybe it's called a dust ruffle. Okay, I just checked it out, and a duvet cover is a cover for a down blanket. Not what I meant.

Here's a link:

You can get different length bed skirts - from , I think. Also, if your comforter, or whatever you use, is long enough on the sides to cover all of the mattress and part of the box springs, then drop the bed skirt down to where it goes around the bottom half of the springs. I have my queen-size bed on risers, and I got the longest length skirt and then put it on the springs. Hope this helps. God bless you!

If you would like to have a matching bed set, you might consider using a queen bedskirt. Then using a matching twin flat sheet from the bed set add the length you need to cover the risers.

I have the same problem and I have been looking at box bed skirts online. Sounds like they are adjustable in length, so if you use risers it should cover.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating BeddingSeptember 14, 2007
Queen Anne's Lace
Getting Rid of Queen Anne's Lace
messy bed with white comforter
Keeping a Comforter on the Bed
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper