Tip for Bathing Smaller Dogs

I just discovered this by accident and wondered if anyone knew this and why I didn't. Instead of chasing my dog around the laundry tub to give him a bath, I put him in my double sink with the divider between his front and back legs.

I guess your dog would have to be tall enough so he wouldn't touch the divider. He can't jump because he can't use his back legs. It worked like a charm, other than the shaking off the water, I still haven't mastered that yet.

I just take my little doxie in the shower with me and wash her with her shampoo. Two for 1.

When I bathe my poodle, I just try to keep my hand on her back...as long as I do, she doesn't shake. Then, when I'm done, I pull the shower curtain closed fast and let her shake.

What a fantastic idea! And Now I too am wondering why I didn't think of it! *L*

Yep our Yorkie bathes with whoever jumps in with him and he enjoys it.

To keep them from shaking water all over the place, simple hold his snout (not tight) and throw the towel over him, dry and then let him shake. Dogs shake from the snout back, so if you hold it he can't shake. Works every time.

Bathing the Family Dog
Giving a Dog a Bath
Pets GroomingApril 27, 2006
Preventing Heartworms in Dogs
How Do Dogs Get Heartworms?
Transferring Liquids Into Smaller Containers
Cat Food
Is Cat Food OK for Dogs?
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?