Transferring Liquids Into Smaller Containers

Category Food Tips
You don't have to have a funnel to transfer a liquid to a smaller container without making a huge mess. This is a page about transferring liquids into smaller containers.

We recently bought a very large bottle of vegetable oil. I wanted to pour the oil into a small, easier to use bottle. The oil bottle had a foil cover, so I punched a large hole near the rim and then a small hole above it. The small hole allows air to escape and prevents the oil from "glugging" as it is being poured. Now I can pour it into the small bottle with a funnel without a mess.

This could be recycling, too. When you need to transfer something from a larger bottle to a smaller one, I use an old baby bottle nipple. I cut the hole bigger and in most cases, the larger bottle opening fits in just right. Works every time!

By Sandra from Salem OR

Food and Recipes Food TipsOctober 14, 2012
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-29 13:17:15 in 5 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️