Transferring Liquids Into Smaller Containers

Category Food Tips
You don't have to have a funnel to transfer a liquid to a smaller container without making a huge mess. This is a guide about transferring liquids into smaller containers.

We recently bought a very large bottle of vegetable oil. I wanted to pour the oil into a small, easier to use bottle. The oil bottle had a foil cover, so I punched a large hole near the rim and then a small hole above it. The small hole allows air to escape and prevents the oil from "glugging" as it is being poured. Now I can pour it into the small bottle with a funnel without a mess.

This could be recycling, too. When you need to transfer something from a larger bottle to a smaller one, I use an old baby bottle nipple. I cut the hole bigger and in most cases, the larger bottle opening fits in just right. Works every time!

By Sandra from Salem OR