Craft: Doily Display

To make an heirloom picture, I bought a large frame from a garage sale, a doily that was in my family and rather fragile, and a sheet of blue (you can use any color, that matches your decor) and mount the doily (hanky, etc) and you have a beautiful memory to hang on your wall.

Source: I've seen them in stores and they are very expensive

By Sandy from Harwood Heights, IL

This is a marvelous way to preserve family history! Thanks for sharing it with us and God bless you.

I have several doilies that grandmothers on both sides made. I attached a picture of the person who crocheted the doily. It make it looks more real.

My mother had an old beaded purse that was her mother's and it just sat in a drawer, year after year. After my mother passed I got the purse and put it in a drawer. One year I looked at it and thought that it made no sense to keep it in a drawer so I had it framed in a shadow box fame and it is beautiful hanging on my wall. Now everyone can enjoy it.

What a great idea I have some doilies from my grandmother and mother in law that could be dispalyed. Thanks for sharing.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating ArtMay 27, 2009
Wagon Wheel Doily
Making a Wagon Wheel Doily
Floating Flower Display
Making a Floating Flower Display
Preserving Bread for Display
Preserving Bread for Display
Coffee Filter Doily
Making a Coffee Filter Doily
🎄