How Can I Get Rid of Sumac Bushes?

How can I get rid of sumac bushes? They have taken over the area! I don't want them and have tried a number of things. Any suggestions for killing them off, roots and all?

By Laurie from Waldo, ME

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

My husband cut them back at the ground and then each time he mowed the lawn, would cut the area where the sumac would start to grow again. He did this thoughtout the summer and by the end of the summer, no more sumac.

Sumac Bushes
Getting Rid of Sumac Bushes
Home and Garden Gardening Weeds Woody and Vining WeedsMarch 8, 2011
Poison Sumac Bush
Remedies for Poison Sumac
Rose Bushes
Treating Black Spots on Rose Bushes
Lilacs growing near a white fence with a weathered outbuilding in the background.
Transplanting Lilac Bushes
Photo of blackberries on the vine.
Getting Rid of Blackberry Bushes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:37:26 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.