Finding an Inexpensive Bicycle or Gas Scooter

I'm looking for a bicycle or gas scooter that's in good condition to ride to work which is only 2 miles away but I need to save all the money I can and riding a bike is a good start!

Aaron from Wilson, NC

In many cities, police auctions are places to get abandoned bicycles in fairly good condition; beware professionals trying to up the price for you, though.

I got a bike that way, though it's the kind with a bar across the front, so it's awkward in a skirt. Does anyone have suggestions on how to deal with that problem?

Join your local group and put out a request for what you are asking for.

9 times out of 10 if I need anything there are so many people out there that have what you need and it saves stuff needlessly going to landfill.

Some towns have organizations that repair used bicycles and then sell them very inexpensively. Also, try garage sales. Two miles is not a very long bike ride. It should be relatively easy to find a suitable bike.

Gas Log Fireplace
Gas Log Tips
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips
Bicycle Wheel
Making a Recycled Bicycle Wheel Pot Rack