Joining Yo Yos to Make a Tablecloth

I have made dozens of yo yos and am thinking of sewing them together to make a tablecloth. What is the best type of stitch to use for this project? Or should I attach them to a foundation fabric? Thanks in advance.

By Barbara

When I was a little kid my mother had a throw pillow made out of yo-yos, and the yo-yos were hand sewed together with tiny little stitches. The only backing on it was the fabric cover of the pillow it self. When she got all the yo-yos sewed together she then hand sewed them to the fabric that would be on the back side of the pillow.

the link above show's you how to link them together.

Crafts Using Yo Yos
Crafts Using Yo Yos
Crafts SewingMay 18, 2011
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
sew garland to triple yo yos
Making a Halloween Yo Yo Garland
National Guard Woman
Joining the National Guard
Halloween Yo Yo Tree
Making a Halloween Yo Yo Tree