Joining Yo Yos to Make a Tablecloth

I have made dozens of yo yos and am thinking of sewing them together to make a tablecloth. What is the best type of stitch to use for this project? Or should I attach them to a foundation fabric? Thanks in advance.

By Barbara

When I was a little kid my mother had a throw pillow made out of yo-yos, and the yo-yos were hand sewed together with tiny little stitches. The only backing on it was the fabric cover of the pillow it self. When she got all the yo-yos sewed together she then hand sewed them to the fabric that would be on the back side of the pillow.

http://www.sewm … YoYoProjects.pdf

the link above show's you how to link them together.

Zig

I do not think a solid yoyo tablecloth would work out very well. I have thought of it my self but the fact that the yoyo centers do not allow for a smooth flat surface deters me. I have made a bed spread with them and it is lovely. For a table cloth I would use a back ground fabric and attach yoyo to that as an accent or pattern. Making sure to allow for flat areas for beverages, centerpieces, and such. Certain items just don't sit or work well on a lumpy surface.