I Removed Screws, Now They Won't Fit

I unscrewed the backs of my metal kitchen chairs and recovered them. Now I cannot get the screw to fit back into the chair back.

Cat from Boston, MA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I suspect the material you covered the chairs with is preventing the screws from being screwed into the screw holes. I would enlarge the hole in the material you covered the chair backs with and I think the screws would be able to be reattached.

Dining Chairs
Reupholstering Dining Chairs
Home and Garden Repair FurnitureNovember 29, 2006
A woman altering a blouse.
Making a Blouse Fit Better
small dog
Dog Diapers Won't Stay On
Magnetic Wristband
Making a Magnetic Wristband Nail and Screw Holder
A tray of nuts and bolts.
Organizing Nails, Screws, Nuts and Bolts
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 8:29:24 AM on 10.0.2.164 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.