Light Bulb Duck
Create this cute duck from a burned out light bulb and a few other supplies.
Approximate Time: Under 1 hour
- light bulb
- yellow perm enamel or model car paint
- paint brush
- 3 small buttons
- 2 feathers
- scrap of orange craft foam
- 2 small black beads or wiggly eyes
- piece of 1/4 inch wide ribbon
- hot glue gun & glue sticks
- rubbing alcohol
- paper towel
- plastic instant drink tub or small lid
- acrylic paint color of your choice
- Using paper towel and rubbing alcohol, clean light bulb.
- Paint bulb with Delta perm enamel paint or model car paint. Allow to dry.
- Paint tub from instant drink mix or small lid with acrylic paint color of your choice and allow to dry.
- Cut two small triangles from the foam to form the beak.
- Cut a heart shape from the foam for the feet.
- Tie piece of ribbon into a small bow.
- To assemble duck, glue plastic lid to top of bulb, over the metal threads. Glue beads or wiggly eyes in place. Glue on beak and add bow. Glue buttons down front of duck. Glue feathers to each side and glue bottom of bulb to center of heart for the feet.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
April 11, 20090 found this helpful
Your little Ducky is very cute and what a smart way to re-purpose old light bulbs.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 25, 2016 at 2:21:29 PM on 10.0.1.40 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us