Making a Light Bulb Vase
Make a delicate, unique vase from an old light bulb. This is a guide about making a light bulb vase
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a project to recycle and reuse old lightbulbs. I've converted them into vases for my money plant. They look beautiful and are super easy to make.
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 old lightbulb
- any screwdriver
- safety goggles
- First wear your goggles, safety is paramount. Hold the bulb tightly wearing gloves or wrap the bulb in cardboard and hold it.
- Take the pliers and pull out those small knobs at the base of the bulb. This type of bulb base is called a bayonet base. They should come out nicely, but with a little force.
- Then using your pliers pull out the silver soldering at the base of the bulb.
- Now using your screwdriver start chipping and breaking the black glass base of the bulb. Be gentle while doing this, the glass here is thick, but easily breaks off.
- Now using the screwdriver break the inside part of the bulb where the filament is located. Hold the bulb with a tight grip, but not too tight or else the glass itself will break. Once the inside is broken it should easily slide out!
- Voila! the bulb is empty! Wash the bulb once to remove all broken glass pieces. Now pass a thick thread through the holes so that we can hang the bulb! I've put a money plant in the bulb and put water in it. It now hangs nicely in my room!
- I hope you all enjoyed this easy DIY project!
April 5, 20170 found this helpful
By removing the inside of an ordinary incandescent light bulb you can create an interesting wall vase. This is a guide about recycled light bulb wall vase.