Making a Light Bulb Vase
Make a delicate, unique vase from an old light bulb. This is a page about making a light bulb vase
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
September 21, 2015
This is a project to recycle and reuse old lightbulbs. I've converted them into vases for my money plant. They look beautiful and are super easy to make.
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 old lightbulb
- any screwdriver
- safety goggles
- First wear your goggles, safety is paramount. Hold the bulb tightly wearing gloves or wrap the bulb in cardboard and hold it.
- Take the pliers and pull out those small knobs at the base of the bulb. This type of bulb base is called a bayonet base. They should come out nicely, but with a little force.
- Then using your pliers pull out the silver soldering at the base of the bulb.
- Now using your screwdriver start chipping and breaking the black glass base of the bulb. Be gentle while doing this, the glass here is thick, but easily breaks off.
- Now using the screwdriver break the inside part of the bulb where the filament is located. Hold the bulb with a tight grip, but not too tight or else the glass itself will break. Once the inside is broken it should easily slide out!
- Voila! the bulb is empty! Wash the bulb once to remove all broken glass pieces. Now pass a thick thread through the holes so that we can hang the bulb! I've put a money plant in the bulb and put water in it. It now hangs nicely in my room!
- I hope you all enjoyed this easy DIY project!
By removing the inside of an ordinary incandescent light bulb you can create an interesting wall vase. This is a page about recycled light bulb wall vase.