Wrapping Paper Measuring Tip

To save time and wrapping paper, I am sharing a tip for figuring out how much paper you need to wrap a gift. I learned this tip when I worked in a local shop in Rockwall. All you will need is some string or yarn, whichever you have on hand. I keep yarn in my gift wrapping materials, so it is always handy.

Wrap a piece of string or yarn around the package and then add 2 inches. Cut the paper to match the length of your yarn. This takes out guess work and makes wrapping so much easier.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

GREAT IDEA!! I messed a load of paper for a project in NC I just completed. I think this is a great idea. Wonder if you could just use a simple measuring tape as well ... thanks for sharing! Mitzi

Brilliant! This is one of those tips where you hit yourself on the head and say, 'Why didn't I think of that' ? :)

Merry Christmas

Wrapping a Present, Woman in Green Wrapping a Present
Wrapping a Present
Holidays and Parties Gifts Gift WrappingDecember 15, 2006
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
Row of Wrapped Gifts
Saving Money on Wrapping Paper
paper, scissors, tape, and other gift wrap supplies
Gift Wrapping Station Ideas
Measuring Elastic
Measuring Elastic for Clothing
🎄