Braces Wax Stains

My daughter left the wax for her braces in her pants pocket and I washed and dried it. It left spots all over her pants and a golf pull-over of my son's. I've tried oxyclean stain remover and bleach for colors. No help. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Kim from Bossier City, LA

Can you stick it in the freezer and then scrape it off the best you can?

You can also try using a hair dryer to warm it up and scrape it off from there.

You may also want to try goo gone, too.

Best wishes.

When I have melted a chapstick in the dryer, I have used murpheys oil soap on the stain. Do not dry in the dryer until all the stains are out. I just use the dollar store brand of the soap, put it on the stain, let set a few minutes and wash. Hang dry.

Try Greased Lightening. My Mom is a chef and they use it for getting out grease. I went and bought another bottle today as I washed and dried a lip balm over my daughter's school sweatshirt (thank goodness it's not a uniform and required!) and church clothes! I've used it on melted crayon before, works good, diligence is key.

Put the stains between two papertowels and bring out your iron. Don't make the iron too hot. Press the papertowel right over the stain and it should pull out the "wax". Good luck!

my sister was sooo mad at me for leaving my wax in my pocket and getting it all over our favorite clothes

i will go home and try that, and if it doesn't work, ill try goo gone.

girl with braces
Removing Braces Wax Stains
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 24, 2008
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Wearing Braces Tips
Tips for Wearing Braces
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
boy with braces
Getting Your Child to Take Care of Their Braces