Making Ribbon Roses

I am thinking about making my own ribbon roses to use as my bridal bouquet. I have seen pictures of them and they look gorgeous. Only I haven't made them before and have just started practicing on some ribbon I found at home using online instructions.

Any tips or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Also any ideas for cheap ribbon to practice on before I buy the lengths to use for the big day.

Monica from Kalgoorlie

There's another version of ribbon roses I've made before: (hope I remember right) If the ribbon is the same on both sides, hold onto the "tail", fold across the ribbon to make a point, then fold again and again, making more points. When you have about the size you want, loosen the outside and it should look like a blossom. Wire and tape the ends together at the bottom. It will look different from the wire ribbon rose.

A picture of beautiful ribbon roses.
Making Ribbon Flowers
Crafts GiftsOctober 31, 2006
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
Heart of a pink rose.
Growing Roses in a Tropical Climate