Yellow Stains on Cotton Fabric

How do I clean yellowish marks from a white cotton cloth?

By Naziamuhsin from Bangladesh

Answers

For cotton or linen, boil the item for one hour in a mix of water, salt and baking soda. For each gallon of water you use, add 1/2 cup salt and 1/2 cup baking soda.

April 14, 2009 Flag

How can I remove set-in yellow stains from white cotton fabric?

Sherri from New Palestine, IN

Answers:

Yellow Stains on Cotton Fabric

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record here but I still swear by my Oxyclean. I soak things in a strong solution in really, really hot water for about a day and then wash them in the machine with another round of OxyClean. If you can lay or hang the items out in the sun that's a great help...it's still way too cold here, the things would freeze but maybe you can do it. (02/10/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Yellow Stains on Cotton Fabric

What worked for me is the liquid comet cleanser with bleach. Not the powder. Just rub some into the stain and in a few minutes the stain will be gone. I have seen stains vanish right before my eyes using this product. It comes in a bottle. There are others on the market. They would work as long as it contains bleach. It isn't hard on your hands either. It has not harmed any white fabric I have used it on. Hope this helps. ~Janette~ (02/10/2009)

By ashleybunkin

Yellow Stains on Cotton Fabric

Soak anything white cotton in a bucket of hot water with Cascade added to it. I have done yellowed undershirts like this & they come out white as new. I usually will let things like that soak for a day or 2. It works great on white sheets & pillow cases as well as white kitchen towels. (02/10/2009)

By Lamico

Yellow Stains on Cotton Fabric

If it's all white, try putting it in the bright sunshine. That's the old-fashioned way but it might work if you are afraid to use anything on it. (02/15/2009)

By goldie

Home and Garden Cleaning FabricApril 14, 2009
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Removing Permanent Marker from Hair
Flair Pen on Cotton Clothing
🎄