Fun Sites for Summer Learning

Susan Sanders-Kinzel

Learning About Finance

I saw a public service announcement about this site. For those of you who have teenagers or college students who are interested or need to know about finances, this site has a lot of great information. You can learn a lot, too.

Key Ingredients - America by Food (a Smithsonian Institution Site)

I ran across this site yesterday when searching for a recipe and thought it would be a fun summer activity for those with bored kids home for the summer.

Cooking for Engineers

This site gives great step by step instructions with photos for making dishes. This is a great site for the novice or expert cook. The following link is the list of recipes, click on one of them and enjoy.

What great sites have you run across in your surfing? Please post any that have good information for summer learning.

About The Author: Susan is the editor of

Try My son is 2 years old but I've used it with students up to age 7.

There are lots of great sites for kids of all ages. I know a lot of preschool sites because I teach at Head Start and use these for lesson planning. One of my favorite as a parent and teacher is

You will find printable workbook pages, information sheets, diorama materials, and even some printable books! Everything is organized by topic or grade level and it's absolutely FREE!

Hi! I'm a teacher/librarian, and I would like to list a few of my favorite sites for education: (to view many sites) - free printables - free printables

The last one listed is my favorite for students of all ages.

A preschooler working on his letter of the day
Summer Learning Tips
EducationMay 17, 2006
Writing in a notebook with a pencil.
Learning Using Acronyms
Learning to use a laptop computer.
Learning to Use a Computer
Learning How to Bowl, Mother and Daughter at Bowling Alley
Learning How to Bowl
A couple shopping online.
Sites Like ABC Distributing and LTD Commodities