AdviceCrafts

Hanging a Crochet Doily

I am interested in making and hanging a crochet doily in my large front window. Does anyone know a good way to hang it?

Thanks a bunch!
joynchocolate

I have hung dolies on my painted walls by using spray starch on them, first starch the dolies with A LOT of starch (follow directions on the can), they need to be somewhat stiff, then spray the side that is going to be against the wall/glass, but do not iron this application of starch, it should be tacky enough to stick...........good luck!

i'm no expert but i hung a really pretty piece of lace that i doubled over a dowel i attached at the top of the doorway - i hot glued a round drawer pull at one end & was lucky to find a set of plastic rod ends cheap shaped with nice leaves & put one on the other end & painted it all a nice crisp green --

it was one of my better "piddelings" !

I have one that I purchased and it is placed between two sheets of glass with lead run around the outside to keep the two pieces together. A small chain has been soddered to the corner. It hangs with the pointy edge top center. Looks beautiful!

I have hung doilies by purchasing a brass ring or hoop the size of the doily, and then whipstitching the doily to the ring/hoop using clear fishing line. Nobody sees the fishing line and the hoop can be suspended anyplace you want by making a hanging loop with the fishing line. Has worked very well for me for tatted, netted, crocheted, and knit doilies. Good luck!

Anonymous

Suction cup hooks or get the hot glue gun out. sew small clear buttons on to the project and hot glue the buttons to the window. The buttons and the glue are clear and camouflage into your work. :)