Easy Vanilla Frosting

A simple vanilla frosting is a handy thing to always have on hand. I mix confectioner's sugar into heavy cream until I get the consistency I want, then stir in a few drops of vanilla to taste. It can be stored in the fridge for a couple of months.

Be aware that when chilled it will harden, but whatever amount you want for immediate use can be warmed in the microwave until spreadable.

One thing I find it especially useful for is putting a dollop onto an otherwise dry cookie. Amazing how it transforms it into a tasty treat!

By Chloe from Ohio

Vanilla frosting on a lemon layer cake.
Vanilla Frosting Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cakes Frosting and IcingMay 5, 2010
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
Vanilla beans growing.
Growing Vanilla
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Homemade vanilla extract in a glass bottle.
Making Vanilla Extract
🎉
🎄