Making Peanut Butter Fudge Using Vanilla Frosting

Category Fudge
A new twist on fudge making starts with packaged cake frosting. This is a guide about making peanut butter fudge using vanilla frosting.

In the past someone told me how to make peanut butter fudge using vanilla frosting, they do not remember the recipe and I have lost how to make it. Can anyone tell me what this recipe might be? Thanks,

Happy Holidays - Lisa

Answers

By Shannon (Guest Post)
Best Answer

You can use a package of peanut butter chips (like chocolate chips) and melt them in the microwave, then stir in the frosting. Pour into a buttered dish. Chocolate chips and chocolate frosting are also good. You could even make a double layer using two different flavors.

By Conchetta Callihan (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Use 1 tub vanilla frosting
1 jar of peanut butter
Combine in bowl and add confectioners sugar until you get the consistency that you want.

By SJ (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Just two items for Peanut Butter Fudge

Vanilla frosting (peel off seal). Microwave for 60 seconds.

Pour into bowl add Jiffy Smooth Peanut Butter 18oz jar.
Stir fast and pour into small pan. Refrigerate for a few minutes.
For a 13x9 you will need to double up.
Note this is just a small batch.

Best Answer

We make this fudge for teacher gifts every year and it is always a big hit! (You can even find adorable Christmas Chinese takeout style boxes at Target for $1. I have make this with chocolate frosting as well as vanilla then put both in the boxes for variety.

I have also used chunky peanut butter and it was a little like the difference between regular m&ms and peanut m&ms. I prefer the chunky but a lot of people prefer the creamy so I do both.

I microwave 1 can frosting (make sure you remove foil top) for 30 seconds, then microwave 1 jar peanut butter for 30 seconds mix together and put in 9x13 brownie pan. If I am in a hurry I refrigerate to set it, but I noticed when I refrigerate to set it seems to get softer as it warms up; whereas if I just let it set at room temp it stays firmer. I have also dusted the top with confectioners sugar to make it super pretty.

This recipe is so easy and cheap, just experiment with it to find the combo you like best!

Anonymous
Best Answer

I make this with cream cheese frosting and a jar of any peanut butter and blend with a hand mixer. Spread into a pan and either eat instantly or refrigerate. No microwave needed.