Peanut Butter Frosting Recipes

Peanut butter frosting can liven up almost any flavor cake. This page contains peanut butter frosting recipes.

Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

Easy to make and tastes great! My mother was a very young bride at the end of the Great Depression. She learned to make do with less. This frosting can be used between 2 graham crackers to make easy and fast cookies or to frost a cake.

Start with about 1/2 to 1 cup of peanut butter either chunky or smooth). Add enough powdered sugar to taste, cream together with enough hot coffee to melt the powdered sugar.

The great thing about this recipe is that you can use more or less of any of the ingredients depending on the size of the cake or quantity of cookies. Store any leftover frosting in a freezer-safe container for later use.

It comes out tasting a bit like mocha or German chocolate frosting. It's a hit with our family!

By Linda from Zeeland, MI

I love peanut butter. When I was a child I would go to my aunt's and she would have peanut butter cake; it was so good. She passed away a few years ago and I had never gotten the recipe for peanut butter frosting. So, I searched and found one and tried it. It wasn't as good as I remembered hers, but I have played with this recipe and it is good! Hope you like it, too.

Directions:

Bake and cool box cake. In a pan, combine all ingredients and cook slowly, stirring constantly because it will stick easily. Bring to hard boil, and cook for approximately 5 minutes.

Note: Drop a bit of frosting into a cup of cold water. If it balls in water and doesn't separate, it is done. Let cool for a few minutes and then cover cake layers . Enjoy!

By Robin from Eatonton, GA

This is a recipe form my great Grandmother.

Ingredients

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together all dry ingredients, set to side. cream shortening thoroughly. Add sugars gradually, creaming until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each additions. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk until blended. Add vanilla.

For layer cake: pour batter into two greased and floured 9-inch or three 8-inch cake pans. You can line with waxed paper for even easier removal. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes for 8-inch pans or 30 to 35 for 9-inch pans or until top springs back when touched. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto wire racks to finish cooling before frosting.

For sheet cakes: pour into greased and floured 9X13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until top springs back when touched. You can cool and invert or frost in pan.

Peanut Butter Frosting:

The family favorite icing is peanut butter. Simply make your basic buttercream icing as usual. Then alternately add creamy peanut butter to taste and room temperature milk to make a frosting the right consistency. and then enjoy

By Joanne from Kingston, Pa.

I make a peanut butter frosting from scratch and was wondering if I could add cream cheese to make the frosting a wee bit more sturdy, yet tasteful.

Answers

Cream cheese is one of the top food requirements and most recipes can benefit! Your frosting will be thicker and will also have a richer taste. Be careful to have the cream cheese at room temp or a bit warmer so it mixes well with the frosting.

I add 2 ounces of cream cheese to p.b. frosting for a small single layer cake. If using a double layer, use 4 oz. I have experimented with an 8 oz. but was not pleased with the flavor. Hope this helps!

I haven't added cream cheese to peanut butter, but I don't see why you shouldn't. I often add cream cheese to my chocolate frosting which is divine!

I want to say you guys printed a set of frosting recipes a while back and 1 of them was peanut butter I am looking for that one again. Help.

By Frank R.

Answers

Frank,
This is a guide with peanut butter frosting recipes. Hopefully it contains the one you are looking for:
http://www.thri  ing-Recipes.html