Removing Mildew Spots from Convertible Top

The white top on my Mustang convertible has become really dirty from being parked outside. It has bunches of little black dirty specks. Could this be mold? How can I whiten it up again?

By Carole from Nashville, TN

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I used to work for PepBoys a good while back and they had a convertable top cleaner that guys bragged about all the time. Don't know if they still have it and I don't know if any other auto store will have it but you should check. Otherwise I would recommend Simple Greenas a cleaner. Spray it on, scrub it in a little bit with a brush, let it set a minute or two and spray it off. You could test it out first on an area that is not so visible (like the center of the top).

March 2, 2011 Flag

My Mustang is a convertible and it has a light colored top. The area we live in is extremely humid, and it rains often. There are some mildew spots on my car's top now. How can I get them off without ruining the top?

Caren from Baytown, TX

Answers:

Have you tried vinegar? (01/17/2008)

By mom-from-missouri

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning AutoMarch 2, 2011
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
Smooth Stove Top
Cleaning Stains on a Smooth Stove Top
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 8:18:06 PM on 10.0.0.221 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.