Removing Mildew Spots from Convertible Top - Categories:

AutoCleaning

Removing Mildew Spots from Convertible Top

The white top on my Mustang convertible has become really dirty from being parked outside. It has bunches of little black dirty specks. Could this be mold? How can I whiten it up again?

By Carole from Nashville, TN

Answers

I used to work for PepBoys a good while back and they had a convertable top cleaner that guys bragged about all the time. Don't know if they still have it and I don't know if any other auto store will have it but you should check. Otherwise I would recommend Simple Greenas a cleaner. Spray it on, scrub it in a little bit with a brush, let it set a minute or two and spray it off. You could test it out first on an area that is not so visible (like the center of the top).

March 2, 2011 Flag

My Mustang is a convertible and it has a light colored top. The area we live in is extremely humid, and it rains often. There are some mildew spots on my car's top now. How can I get them off without ruining the top?

Caren from Baytown, TX

Answers:

Have you tried vinegar? (01/17/2008)

By mom-from-missouri

Home and Garden Cleaning AutoMarch 2, 2011
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 4:49:50 AM on 10.0.0.143 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.