Concerns Related to Storing Lettuce in Plastic Too Long

What's the name of the poison contracted from lettuce being stored in plastic too long?

By Henri from Wagga Wagga, Australia

I have heard of no such thing. I do know that you can't store lettuce in plastic that long anyway, or it gets yucky! I would think that anything that would grow would be long after a good eatable lettuce survived anyway!

I concur with Michawnpita! If what you're talking about is leeching from different plastics then check out this link:

The best way I have found and it works is to store it in a water sprinkled kitchen towel wrapped around it in the veggie drawer. Last for days. Green a crispy!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food Safety VegatablesFebruary 24, 2010
A variety of lettuce.
Storing Lettuce
Iceberg Lettuce
Growing Iceberg Lettuce
Head of green leaf lettuce.
Washing Lettuce
Lettuce growing in a box.
Growing Lettuce