Concerns Related to Storing Lettuce in Plastic Too Long

What's the name of the poison contracted from lettuce being stored in plastic too long?

By Henri from Wagga Wagga, Australia

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I have heard of no such thing. I do know that you can't store lettuce in plastic that long anyway, or it gets yucky! I would think that anything that would grow would be long after a good eatable lettuce survived anyway!

I concur with Michawnpita! If what you're talking about is leeching from different plastics then check out this link:

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/safe-plastics-for-lunchboxes.html#

The best way I have found and it works is to store it in a water sprinkled kitchen towel wrapped around it in the veggie drawer. Last for days. Green a crispy!

Answer

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food Safety VegatablesFebruary 24, 2010
A variety of lettuce.
Storing Lettuce
Iceberg Lettuce
Growing Iceberg Lettuce
Head of green leaf lettuce.
Washing Lettuce
Lettuce growing in a box.
Growing Lettuce
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 4:49:07 PM on 10.0.1.131 in 693 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.