Removing Soot From Carpet

We got some soot on the carpet from the woodburning stove. Any suggestions for how to remove it?

Kate

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I just vacuum the carpet and in the spring and fall I shampoo all the carpets. They all get soot and it doesn't always show. I use a wood stove to heat our entire house in the middle of a city what a savings on gas. we use fans to circulate the heat. I dust the walls as well every week.

usan from hamilton

I dropped a candle on the cream carpet and the black stuff from the wick got on the carpet. How can I remove the stain? Thank you for your help

did you get an answer? I just tracked soot across a carpet & up the stairs of a brand new home. help! thanks

Hi,

Good luck with the new house. Here is a link with instructions:

http://www.fabriclink.com/carpet/Soot.html

Susan from ThriftyFun

Got a stain on the carpet from and candle and a small fire. The candle wax is gone and most of the black stain. How can i get the rest of it out?

I just built a new house and somehow one of the candlewicks I clipped managed to get buried into the new white carpet.

I steam cleaned it - but it wouldn't go away.

I tried the stain remover that comes with the DRYEL cleaning kit because I remember that it removed some soot from my suit coat a couple months back.

I rubbed the tip of the bottle into the carpet and blotted it up with a towel and it worked well. I repeated the process until the stain -and it took up almost all of it. Now I just have a little light gray pencil eraser sized spot which is way better than the half dollar sized black streak.

That stuff saved my day!

:)

Answer

Removing Soot from Carpet
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetDecember 22, 2004
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
cleaning walls
Removing Soot from Walls and Ceiling
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2016 at 5:29:16 PM on 10.0.2.138 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.