Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Soot From Carpet

We got some soot on the carpet from the woodburning stove. Any suggestions for how to remove it?

Kate

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By A. Morrison (Guest Post)10/19/2007

I just built a new house and somehow one of the candlewicks I clipped managed to get buried into the new white carpet.
I steam cleaned it - but it wouldn't go away.
I tried the stain remover that comes with the DRYEL cleaning kit because I remember that it removed some soot from my suit coat a couple months back.
I rubbed the tip of the bottle into the carpet and blotted it up with a towel and it worked well. I repeated the process until the stain -and it took up almost all of it. Now I just have a little light gray pencil eraser sized spot which is way better than the half dollar sized black streak.
That stuff saved my day!
:)

By BILLY HACKWORTH (Guest Post)09/04/2007

Got a stain on the carpet from and candle and a small fire. The candle wax is gone and most of the black stain. How can i get the rest of it out?

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel [9]02/23/2005

Hi,
Good luck with the new house. Here is a link with instructions:

http://www.fabriclink.com/carpet/Soot.html

Susan from ThriftyFun

By nancy (Guest Post)02/23/2005

did you get an answer? I just tracked soot across a carpet & up the stairs of a brand new home. help! thanks

By Dori Luvera (Guest Post)01/25/2005

I dropped a candle on the cream carpet and the black stuff from the wick got on the carpet. How can I remove the stain? Thank you for your help

By (Guest Post)12/22/2004

I just vacuum the carpet and in the spring and fall I shampoo all the carpets. They all get soot and it doesn't always show. I use a wood stove to heat our entire house in the middle of a city what a savings on gas. we use fans to circulate the heat. I dust the walls as well every week.
susan from hamilton