Trim Ideas for a Burgundy Room

I just painted living room and hallway a burgundy (with a reddish tint) color have no clue what to do with the trim. Wood molding is not in budget.What would go good in main living area with this color? This was a bold move for me, I've never gone this dark before.

Eileen from Walterboro, SC

I have a burgundy/plum living and dining room and our trim is pure white. With such dark walls, the trim really needed to be as light as possible and the white looks elegant. Hope this helps.

I have a burgundy living room with light, gray/blue curtains and love it! All the trim is white and looks elegant and clean.

White is a good choice. Personally, I would go with Hunter Green. They are made for each other!

i would go with a cream/ ivory shade as it is softer than harsh white

I agree with other posters' suggestions to use pure white paint. I have a deep red fireplace wall in my formal living room that I painted that color, and the mantel, trim, and fireplace surround look gorgeous painted white. Cream might be okay, but to me, it looks sort of dingy. Don't paint your trim another dark color because the tones will be too similar and it will make your room seem dark.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating AdviceSeptember 22, 2008
A picture of the Eiffel Tower.
Decorating a Room With a Paris Theme
Burgundy Carpet
Painting Walls to Coordinate With Burgundy Carpet
old car
Painting Vinyl Car Trim
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors