Uses for 10 Year Old Champagne

Before I dispose of all my ten year old champagnes, may I know if they are still useful? In what sense? Thank you very much.

By Paul from Manila, Philippines

Ten year old champagne may still be good. Most wine is aged. Pop open a bottle and taste it. If it's still good, wonderful. If not, pour it into your compost bin. The sugar will help feed the compost.

PS. Remember, the taste of aged wines is different than "fresh" wines. The flavor may be "nutty" or less fruity. More expensive champagne ages better than less expensive kinds.

I don't know if this is true, but I've heard that wine turns to vinegar when it gets old. Maybe you have enough salads to feed the planet!

Good luck!

To add to what has already been posted, it will also depend on how the champagne was stored. If it was store at a cool room temp out of direct sunlight, it is more likely to still be drinkable.

I wouldn't toss it. It's either drinkable or not. If not, it's on it's way to vinegar. I'm thinking a light vinegar like rice wine vinegar, good for any number of sauces or light dressings.

I am pretty sure it will be drinkable! We are all dying to find out as much as you are. Cheers and good luck

pouring a glass of champagne
Champagne Cake Recipes
A glass of Champagne Punch.
Champagne Punch Recipes
Pouring a Glass of Champagne
Serving Champagne for a Wedding Toast
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
🎉
🎄