Use Old Books to Make a Handbag

I saw instructions on how to make a handbag out of an old book cover on the net - which intrigues me. You just cut off the cover and then it's lined, fabric sides added and put on a handle! I would line it with contact paper - to make it more resistant to stains, etc. And use a chain to make it a shoulder purse! You could also make other interesting boxes, etc. from the covers. Some of the old ones are so nice, I have bought them just for the covers! A funky evening purse? Thought I would share the idea.

By Pamphyila from L.A., CA

wikiHow >> :)

Just finished one...large book (physicians desk reference), lot's of mixed media...This shot is opened...also, here is a site that sells them..

This shot is closed..

Maggie O in Bloomington MN

Book Purse
Making a Book Purse
Crafts Recycled CraftsMay 28, 2008
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Study Table With Books
Decorating With Books
Stack of Old Phone Books
Uses for Old Phone Books