LaundryCleaning

Removing Sweat Stains and Odors from Workshirts

I wear uniforms to work that are medium blue color and that are stained badly underneath the armsleeves. They have a nasty yellow color and smell like sweat. My question is what can I use to get that out both the smell and the sweat. I can't use bleach on them. It says not to use bleach and my company rents them from Cintas. Thanks a bunch!

Shannon M from Danville, IL

I use to soak my uniforms in the washing machine overnight. Just fill the washing machine with HOT water, then add 2 CUPS of CASCADE ( that you use in your dishwasher) let the machine wash for a couple of minutes to mix the cascade with the water, then add your uniforms and wash a couple of minutes. Stop the wash cycle and let the uniforms soak over night, next morning add your detergent to the water and turn your washer on. NO it WILL NOT fade the color.

This also works very well on grass stains in clothes.

Try adding a cupful of plain white vinegar to the rinse water. Works great and, no, the shirts won't smell like a salad. :)

I have soccer players in my household, and most of the uniforms hold odors. I purchase ammonia from Super Walmart for about 97 cents a bottle. Wash along with your normal detergent, to remove odors.

my mother always used vinegar sprayed on before laundering on my dads clothes.....sometimes she would soak them in a strong vinegar bath in a small tub overnight.....the vinegar smell dissipates after being washed and dried.....good luck