Replacing the String in Hooded Sweatshirt

My husband has a new hoodie that the string came out of when it was washed. My clumsy fingers just can't seem to thread it back through. Any suggestions?

Teddygirl

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Hi! Use a safety pin and thread it through the end of the hoodie string. Close it. Use the pin to push the string around through the tunnel. I use this method lots of times on the strings that come out of my sweat pants. Good luck!

I was just going to suggest the safety pin method.. In addition to this I pull the string through to have the string evenly inserted. Then at the top of the hood make a few stitches so that it won't slip either way. You can still draw it up to tie under the chin but it won't get away again...

You take the old string and pin a large safety pin on the end and just run it thru the tunnel opening, pushing the cloth down on the pin, you will eventually get to the end and be able to pull the string thru and take off the pin.

Place the largest safety pin on end of string from hoodie that when closed will go thru opening of the hoodie and guide it thru with ease. Learned this one years ago when my children were small and it has never failed me yet.

I use a paper clip and bend it over the string and then slowly thread the string through the hoodie. I use this all the time with my kids' elastic waists, when both buttons come off and I am left with the elastic band.

I always tie the strings before washing this keeps the string from coming out.

Christine IN

Put a safety pin on the end of the string. This will make

threading easy because you can feel the pin and push it along.

Thanks everyone--i tried the safety pin and it worked! Will keep in mind for future reference.

check it out! Use a "PEN" that you've taken apart. with only the tube left (preferably a bic) Slide it in the hole bunching the hood around the hard shaft. gently slide the string through the tube then presto!

Can't believe no one posted using a wire hanger pulled apart (So its straightish) run through the "tunnel" attached at the end to the wayward string and then simply pulled back through. this also works for sweat pants and other larger projects that the simple safty pin may be tedious and more time consuming

Sweatshirt Logo
Removing a Logo From a Sweatshirt
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Baby in Hooded Bath Towel
Making a Hooded Bath Towel
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 9:10:42 PM on 10.0.1.143 in 908 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.