Removing a Logo From a Sweatshirt

Category Repairing
You may want to remove a logo from a sweatshirt because it is damaged or just to update the shirt. This is a guide about removing a logo from a sweatshirt.

I have a brand new hooded sweatshirt that my eldest daughter never wore. My younger daughter would like to wear it if I could "iron off" her sister's graduating year. Any suggestions on how to do this and get it all off and not scorch the material?

Sweet Melissa from Burnsville, MN

Answers

I have no idea how you could remove the existing logo but have you thought about applying (or stitching) something different over the top?

I'm going to test this out with an iron and wax paper. I will update you on the result.

The ironing didn't work with a hat I had, it was too imbedded in the material to iron off without the setting the hat on fire.

http://www.frug … ife.blogspot.com

I wonder if you could put an iron on transfer OVER the logo - or iron on bondex iron-on fabric and then put on another iron on transfer on top of it? Or you could use the iron on bonding material to weld a piece of decorative fabric on top of it - & use fabric paint along the edges...There are also iron on patterned patches available in craft stores...just suggestions.

I found this sight hoping to get the same info on removing a felt adhesive from sweatshirt material. I decided to just try my luck at it. It seemed it wasn't the end all but will help you get almost all of the adhesive out. I had some leather deglazer, basically acetone and, taking all precautions (protect hands with gloves, ventilated area, don't be near a flame, etc.) I would pour a small amount into a small container, dip an old toothbrush in the acetone and saturate the iron-on, or just the adhesive if that is the only part left. Next take a smooth somewhat sharp kitchen knife (no teeth, not sharp enough to want to cut a tomato with, but sharp enough for a cucumber (don't want to cut into the material beneath)), holding the material taught I scraped the knife with the grain of the material to try to get off as much adhesive/iron on as possible. I had a paper towel to wipe the gunk off the knife with.

There was still adhesive ingrained deep in the material, but this will at least get the material smooth for other cover up ideas.

A friend recently brought me back a sweatshirt from her vacation in New York. The first washing made the paint start peeling. Looking for the best way to get all of the peeling paint off.

By Caterini