Planting Mini Rose Bushes in New York

Can mini rose bushes be planted in April in New York?

Tracylynn from NY

I wouldnt plant them in April. I live in Northeastern PA. We are in USDA Hardiness zone of 5B. We don't plant anything outside here until Memorial Day. It's wet here and plants rot. Be sure to wait til all threat of frost is past.

I guess you realize your rose bushes wont last over the winter in NY. They are hardy to zone 7a. They might be beautiful for the summer similar to an annual flower though. I'm not sure. Good luck

I live in the capital region of New York. My mini rose bushes lasted a few years, but not forever. I planted in mid-May. Of course, I never covered them up in the winter either. So give it a try and maybe you will be lucky!

A rose bush growing in a yard.
Growing Roses
Home and Garden Gardening RosesFebruary 12, 2009
Rose Bushes
Treating Black Spots on Rose Bushes
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
Heart of a pink rose.
Growing Roses in a Tropical Climate
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 11:11:08 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.