Copying Articles From Waiting Rooms

Whenever I'm in an office waiting room, I like to look at the magazines, usually the ones that have money saving ideas or recipes. If there's something I would like to read later or a recipe I would like to have, I kindly ask the receptionist if they could copy the page for me. I haven't received a no as of yet. That way you're not taking something that isn't yours and you can walk out with it in your hands.

By LRP from LWL, MA

I keep a little notebook in my purse -and usually check to see if the magazine has a website. If it does -I jot it down, and the name of the article -and go looking once I get home.

I do exactly what queenbeecrafts mentions. I am very annoyed when I see that someone has torn out something from a magazine that didn't belong to them! The idea of asking for a photocopy sounds very good as well!

I have a binder I keep for just such finds! I also get copies of recipes i find all over - but had never thought to ask for copies in the waiting room - thanks for the tip).

In order to make my binder, I have asked for copies to be mailed or emailed to me from all of the lovely cooks in my family and among my friends. After a few years of collecting, I now have a very nice home-made recipe binder, full of recipes from loved ones that has each of their special notes on how they prepare them (for best results) - as well as my own notes about what works and doesn't. Each recipe has the name of the family member and some notes about what time of the year they usually prepare it, and any stories surrounding them and the recipe. Now that I have a nice one compiled, I am going to copy and bind it -to share with the women in my family as our family cook book (as a special christmas gift/stocking stuffer). Thank you for helping me find another way to add to my collection!

The problem with getting copies like that is that is copyright infringement. In other words, theft. I have found that many doctors are glad to let you have the old magazine, especially if you bring in others.

I'm not quite sure that would be considered copyright infringement. I think it's only considered so if you are doing it for re-distribution for profit. I think the magazines know that the recipes they print are being copied. I'm sure they are published for copying for personal use.

As busy as doctor waiting rooms are these days, I cannot imagine asking them to copy something for me out of a magazine. I would not be happy with you if I worked there. Perhaps they are doing it for you because to tell you no might jeopardize their job or they might appear rude. If I were you, I'd think twice about asking for this "special" service.

First - I usually trade magazines with doctor's offices, after having asked before hand. I Here are two suggestions that I use. Usually I will ask the receptionist can we make a trade.

Second - I just use my cell phone to take a picture of whatever I am looking at.

Open Magazines
Saving Ideas from Magazines
Organizing MiscellaneousJune 20, 2007
Mr. and Mrs. SantaMade From Reader's Digest Magazines
Mr. and Mrs. Santa Made from Reader's Digest Magazines
Crafts Made With Magazines
Crafts Made With Magazines
Stack of Magazines
Saving Money on Magazines
A large stack of food magazines.
Organizing Ideas From Magazines