Saving Ideas from Magazines

Category Tips
There are a number of ways to save ideas that we find in magazines, either ones we receive at home or ones we leaf through at a doctor's office. This is a guide about saving ideas from magazines.

When you see a recipe or article in a waiting room, use your cellphone to take a photo of it. Works great.

By G. Faw from Thorndale, Ontario

Whenever I'm in an office waiting room, I like to look at the magazines, usually the ones that have money saving ideas or recipes. If there's something I would like to read later or a recipe I would like to have, I kindly ask the receptionist if they could copy the page for me. I haven't received a no as of yet. That way you're not taking something that isn't yours and you can walk out with it in your hands.

By LRP from LWL, MA

As I look through magazines, I often see an idea or recipe I'd like to try. I do one of three things: Make a note of it on my never-ending idea clipboard and "tab" the page with a piece of tape OR I tear out the page to put it in my craft/recipe scrapbook.

If it's a magazine I cannot alter (such as in a doctor's office or a friend's), I take a picture of the page with my phone. Later, when something triggers my mind about that tip or idea, I can find it for reference.