Saving Money on Magazines

Category Tips
Full fare magazine subscriptions can be quite pricey. There are a variety of ways to save money on magazines. This is a guide about saving money on magazines.

I am addicted to magazines, but can't afford to buy them all. Now I do two things to feed my fix:

Then I donate all my old magazines to my gym, hospitals, and nursing homes.

By Cipora Auslander from Miami FL

If you're like me, you love the Parenting-type Magazines, but don't want to pay for them. If you're already paying for the internet, why not just "subscribe" to their online version instead, and save a bundle? Not to mention saving a bundle of trees :)

By Brianna Southworth from Dutch Harbor, AK

I have always loved looking at magazines. Subscribing and having them come to the house is nice; however, in these times of trying to cut back on clutter or just be "green", I do not subscribe to any magazines any longer. I look at them for free at the library! I take my daughter to activities there and while I wait for her, I find a comfy spot to sit and enjoy looking at a large variety of magazines.

Not only am I saving money, but I'm not storing anything extra in my own house. I am in our library at least once a week if not more, so I truly get my "magazine fix"!

By Debbie Dzurilla from IL

Do you love a magazine, but not the price of the subscription? Do you love to give magazine subscriptions for gifts, but can't afford it? Here's a GREAT tip. You can find many, many, many different magazine subscriptions at http://www.ebay.com

They are direct from the publisher and very cheap. I recently got a 4 year subscription for my sis-in-law to "Child" magazine for $4.00. I got 3 years each of "Weight Watchers" and "Shape" for only $7. It is incredible. I have been purchasing magazine subscriptions from eBay for almost 5 years now, and have never had a problem. I will NEVER pay regular subscription price again! :)

Enjoy!

By Corey

One of my splurges is subscriptions to several magazines. I only purchase subscriptions from discount sites, but it is vital to read the "fine print".

When I worked at the studios, etc, in the entertainment biz, they would have a circulation of the trade papers like Variety, rather than everyone getting their own subscription.

Like magazines? You purchase a subscription to a magazine, and have a friend purchase a subscription she likes. When each of you are done reading yours, you swap! Two subscriptions for the price of one!

Does anyone know of a web site where you can get magazine subscriptions for lower costs than what the magazine inserts offer?

By Kathryen from Northern VA

Answers

Here is a list of links I found on this subject: http://search.y  8&fr=hp-pvnb

However, I like to read my favorite magazines online for free. I just put the magazine name in the search bar and find the link that has the most info on it and it is usually the home page for that magazine. Then I put in favorites and go visit there every month. It's great! And it saves Trees!

Barnes & Noble 1-Year Subscription to Redbook for $1, Good Housekeeping $2.67
http://gifts.ba  &pubid=K1052

10% off One Item for all customers [Exp. 04/26]
* Online: Use Barnes and Noble Coupon W3W7B7K
Also below $5

Country Living
Glamour
house beautiful
Smart money
Seventeen
Family Fun
Marie Claire
Bazaar
Popular Mechanics
Parents Running
Vibe

I get about 12 mag scripts for free :)

Try these:
http://mercurym  om/pr1/100/10000
http://www.valu  m/home/index.asp

You may have to do some digging on the sites, but there are free mags to be had :)

I was thinking the exact, same thing as the first poster (mercurymags and valuemags), as... all of the magazines they offer are totally FREE... and, that's the cheapest I've come across;) There are other freebie sites that will have links to offers for free subscriptions, as well. You just have to join a quality freebie site, and not one of the ones that offer a bunch of Step 2 offers, where you have to buy something in order to qualify for the freebie. If you're interested, free free to contact me off-group and I can assist you with that. Hope this helps=)

Teensfreeway.com has gold rewards on their site.(no it's not just for teens). I've been getting free magazines for a couple years now. Family Circle, Womans Day, Town & Country, Shape, etc etc all free.

Try here: http://www.maga  pricesearch.com/

I buy mine through www.magazines.com. They're usually really cheap, and they run specials with at least 12 chosen (and well-known) magazines to choose from regularly.

The chosen mags change each time.

I'd like to renew magazine subscriptions with a lower price. I've already checked the magazine websites and Amazon, but would like to try other sources. Does anyone know of a reputable magazine discounter?

By Chantal from Salem, OR

Answers:

Saving Money on Magazines

http://bestdealmagazines.com/ (03/01/2011)

By Marjorie

Saving Money on Magazines

Like MCW, I suggest bestdealmagazines.com. That's where I get most of my magazines. I just renewed my Woman's Day for another year at $4.69. They have daily deals and other specials if you sign up for their e-mails. (03/01/2011)

By Jill

Saving Money on Magazines

I've had good luck with getting mag. subscriptions off eBay. But of course, you need to be careful and stick with sellers who have 100% positive feedback. So there is a risk sometimes as with anything else. (03/02/2011)

By Lynn Marler

Saving Money on Magazines

Best Deal Magazines is the most reliable discounter I have used. I only had one subscription problem and they solved it very well. I would highly recommend them. Their $4.69 subscriptions are legitimate. (03/02/2011)

By monica michalczyk

Saving Money on Magazines

I agree that Best Deals Magazines are the best. Low prices, great service. For some reason, I have trouble receiving emails from Best Deals on my AOL email address.Therefore if you have another email address, I would suggest using it. After you sign up, they email discounts on the low everyday prices.17% off, etc. off most subscriptions. I've used this site for gift subscriptions for several years as well as for myself. (03/02/2011)

By HJ

Saving Money on Magazines

I never buy from people who are saying they will make a donation to help a group like Special Olympics. The groups receive very little money, and you pay top top dollar to boot! When I got my magazine, I discovered I was getting a raw deal price wise. When I called the company saying I had found another deal for like half, the girl quickly said she could match the better offer. I had to wonder why that was not an option from the start.

Bottom line: buying magazines from groups, school kids, and others is always iffy. The young kids that get dropped off in your neighborhood every summer are bad news as well. Many times your check is magically altered, or you don't get the subscription period. Try your library, maybe go in with a neighbor to buy a magazine. Most magazines have a subscription card inside which usually is the best price. (03/03/2011)

By SANDI

Saving Money on Magazines

My nieces and nephews used to sell them when they were in grade school. Maybe you could check with your local school district. (03/03/2011)

By Maryeileen

A good way to save money is to subscribe to magazines when they give you a good sales price. Some companies (Hearst Magazines) will give you a one year subscription for $5.00. I also buy magazines that my family or friends don't subscribe to, that way we can swap magazines when we are through reading them. You can get a lot of interesting ideas and good tips from them at very low cost. Happy reading!

By dorothy wedenoja from New Creek, WV

Answers:

Saving Money on Magazines

My aunt and I like the same magaziness so I subscribe to 1 and get one free gift which I send to her and she does the same. That way we both get our 2 favorite mags. (04/13/2010)

By Judi

Saving Money on Magazines

And yes, shopping around for the best deal on your subscription is highly recommended. My dad likes getting a certain weekly specialist newspaper. When his subscription ended he was sent a letter to resubscribe. I found him a better deal by going to the paper's website. I did this for my daughter's favorite Anime magazine as well. (04/13/2010)

By Suntydt

I have read many posts about what to do with the magazines one buys. There are good ideas, but I found one that I like to share that will save you money, resources and space.

Tips for finding cheap magazines. Post your ideas.

Do you find yourself buying the same magazine at the newsstand or supermarket checkout line every month? Go ahead and subscribe to it. Most subscriptions save you at least 50% off the cover price. On the other hand, don't renew magazine subscriptions that you rarely find time to read.

By ThriftyFun