Saving Money on Magazines

I am addicted to magazines, but can't afford to buy them all. Now I do two things to feed my fix:

Then I donate all my old magazines to my gym, hospitals, and nursing homes.

By Cipora Auslander from Miami FL

12 More Solutions

If you're like me, you love the Parenting-type Magazines, but don't want to pay for them. If you're already paying for the internet, why not just "subscribe" to their online version instead, and save a bundle? Not to mention saving a bundle of trees.

In these times of trying to cut back on clutter or just be "green", I do not subscribe to any magazines any longer. I look at them for free at the library!

Do you love a magazine, but not the price of the subscription? Do you love to give magazine subscriptions for gifts, but can't afford it? Here's a GREAT tip. You can find many, many, many different magazine subscriptions at http://www.ebay.com

One of my splurges is subscriptions to several magazines. I only purchase subscriptions from discount sites, but it is vital to read the "fine print".

When I worked at the studios, etc, in the entertainment biz, they would have a circulation of the trade papers like Variety, rather than everyone getting their own subscription.

Like magazines? You purchase a subscription to a magazine, and have a friend purchase a subscription she likes. When each of you are done reading yours, you swap! Two subscriptions for the price of one!

Does anyone know of a web site where you can get magazine subscriptions for lower costs than what the magazine inserts offer?

By Kathryen from Northern VA

Answers

Here is a list of links I found on this subject: search.yahoo.com/search?p=discount+magazines&ei=UTF...

However, I like to read my favorite magazines online for free. I just put the magazine name in the search bar and find the link that has the most info on it and it is usually the home page for that magazine. Then I put in favorites and go visit there every month. It's great! And it saves Trees!

Barnes & Noble 1-Year Subscription to Redbook for $1, Good Housekeeping $2.67
gifts.barnesandnoble.com/maga...89&pubid=K1052

10% off One Item for all customers [Exp. 04/26]
* Online: Use Barnes and Noble Coupon W3W7B7K
Also below $5

Country Living
Glamour
house beautiful
Smart money
Seventeen
Family Fun
Marie Claire
Bazaar
Popular Mechanics
Parents Running
Vibe

I get about 12 mag scripts for free :)

Try these:
mercurymags.com/.../10000
www.valuemags.com/.../index.asp

You may have to do some digging on the sites, but there are free mags to be had :)

I was thinking the exact, same thing as the first poster (mercurymags and valuemags), as... all of the magazines they offer are totally FREE... and, that's the cheapest I've come across;) There are other freebie sites that will have links to offers for free subscriptions, as well. You just have to join a quality freebie site, and not one of the ones that offer a bunch of Step 2 offers, where you have to buy something in order to qualify for the freebie. If you're interested, free free to contact me off-group and I can assist you with that. Hope this helps=)

Teensfreeway.com has gold rewards on their site.(no it's not just for teens). I've been getting free magazines for a couple years now. Family Circle, Womans Day, Town & Country, Shape, etc etc all free.

Try here: www.magazinepricesearch.com/

I buy mine through www.magazines.com. They're usually really cheap, and they run specials with at least 12 chosen (and well-known) magazines to choose from regularly. The chosen mags change each time.

Answer this Question

Do you find yourself buying the same magazine at the newsstand or supermarket checkout line every month? Go ahead and subscribe to it. Most subscriptions save you at least 50% off the cover price. On the other hand, don't renew magazine subscriptions that you rarely find time to read.

I'd like to renew magazine subscriptions with a lower price. I've already checked the magazine websites and Amazon, but would like to try other sources.

A good way to save money is to subscribe to magazines when they give you a good sales price. I also buy magazines that my family or friends don't subscribe to, that way we can swap magazines when we are through reading them.

I have read many posts about what to do with the magazines one buys. There are good ideas, but I found one that I like to share that will save you money, resources and space.

Tips for finding cheap magazines. Post your ideas.

Better Living Frugal Living TipsSeptember 18, 2012
🐰
🌻
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-on-Magazines-1.html