Themed Float Ideas

I work with kids and I need a float idea for a parade that is coming up. The theme of the parade is Cavoilcade's 58 and Oil's Great.

By Brandi from Groves, TX

Ask your community helpers: Firefighters, Police, Mailman, Doctor, Dentist, etc. to provide hats for the kids to wear.

Make Super large hats out of poster board, cut two holes in each (large enough for the child's arms), have them hold them up by placing their arms in through the holes, then they can still wave to the parade audience!

Perhaps you could borrow or make historical hats: derbies, top hats, etc. If police and fire depts have old-fashioned hats, that would be cool! I can't remember the exact title, but there's a really good Dr Seuss book about the hats of Bartholomew Huggins (I think) that would be fun.

Cavalcade-a group of horse drawn carriages or riders in a procession.

I see kiddos dressed like ponies, and some pulling wagons with kiddos in them, too cute!

Yarn manes and tails, everyone dressed in brown? Yellow felt for the "bridles and saddles"?

Not sure really what the point of the theme is when it comes to the "oil" part, but you could have the wagon(s) have an "oil spout" come up out of it. A black tube with some sparkly/shiney paper on it and some strips of the paper stapled to the top to 'spill' over and create a 'gusher'?

Blue Parade Float Skirt
Parade Float Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties Outdoor Parade Float IdeasSeptember 21, 2010
white swan paddle boat on lake or lagoon
Decorating a Paddle Boat for a Float
4th of July Parade
4th of July Float Ideas
Two people watching a St Patrick's Day parade.
St Patrick's Day Parade Float Ideas
Trucks decorated for a Christmas parade
Christmas Parade Float Ideas