Taking It With You Joke

Trying to disprove the saying "You can't take it with you," a stingy old lawyer, diagnosed with a terminal illness, finally figured out how to take at least some of his fortune with him when he died.

He instructed his wife to go to the bank and withdraw enough money to fill two pillowcases. He then told her to take the bags of money to the attic and leave them directly above his bed. When he passed away, he planned to reach out and grab the bags on his way to heaven.

Several weeks after the funeral, his wife, up in the attic cleaning, came upon the two forgotten pillow cases stuffed with cash.

"Oh, that old fool!" she exclaimed. "I knew I should have put the money in the basement."

"You seem to be in some distress," said the kindly judge to the witness. "Is anything the matter?"

"Well, your Honour," said the witness, "I swore to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, but every time I try, some lawyer objects."

Lawyer Jokes
Entertainment JokesJanuary 23, 2006
Shin Jokes
Shin Jokes
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Photo of a Mt. Rainier in Reflection Lake.
Taking Reflection Photographs
Taking Photos of Your Pets
Tips for Taking Photos of Your Pets