Getting Rid of Smells After Cooking

If you cook something like fish or broccoli and want to get rid of the smell, try this thrifty tip: Fill a small saucepan halfway with water, sprinkle some ground cinnamon and cloves in, and simmer for 15 minutes (set your timer so you don't burn your pan!).

By Kathy from Danville, CA

I take a small pan of water and add some apple cider vinegar, cinnamon & cloves and it makes the house smell like you have been making pickles, also gets rid of odors.

I like your idea, but what I've found works for me (even with fish!) is to put a tiny bowl of white VINEGAR next to the pan while you're frying the fish. For some reason the vinegar will remove all of the nasty smell!... A bowl of vinegar works especially well when it's set overnight into a smelly cupboard, drawer, closed or a car's trunk or just left on the counter... Just be sure to remove it before you drive off or spill it the next day! ... your previously smelly area will smell as good as new!... I don't know WHY it works so well, but it does!... Then afterward, I'd fill the air with your sweet smelling brew!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsDecember 27, 2007
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants