Toothpaste Stains on Clothing

How do you remove Crest Tartar toothpaste stains from clothing? I have tried Shout, Goop, and Dawn to no avail. I also tried plain water before I laundered them, but nothing seems to work. Thanks.

Marie from Lawrence, KS

Nobody is replying and this is a simple one! use pure corn starch powder the directions for use is on the box! Buy it in the baking goods. It takes out everything.

Sorry to tell you but Crest Tarter contains phosphate which is a bleaching agent so the fabric color has been lifted out rather than leaving a deposited color stain that would be possible to remove ...

I can't remember if Crest TC was colored, in that case use peroxide, or white, in that case use vinegar. The color is the artificial coloring ingredient, which may be more stubborn, acting as a dye.

Thanks for your suggestions. I think there is a bleaching agent in the toothpaste, although the manufacturere claims there isn't. They told me to use cold water which didn't do anything.

Lawrence, Kansas

I am sorry the manufacturer fibbed to you, Marie, and indeed they did :-(

I am sincerely sorry I didn't add these links when I originally posted on March 2nd because the links would have confirmed what I wrote and saved you a couple weeks of effort :-(

Tube of toothpaste.
Removing Toothpaste Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMarch 1, 2009
girl brushing her teeth
Saving Money on Toothpaste
Toothbrushes in Holder
Cleaning a Toothbrush Holder
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing