Home Remedy for Ants

How do I get rid of ants with a home remedy?

By pshires from W. TN

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Baking soda and cornmeal. The baking soda expands after they eat it and kills them.

I use baby powder in my kitchen. Just shake it and sweep it into all the corners and parameter, they wont cross over it. To kill ones you see, just spray them with soapy water. I keep a small spray bottle filled with a little dish soap and water. Kills them instantly. I've also learned to make sure all food crumbs, cat food..etc. stay off the floor and counter tops. This alone has helped keep them away.

I found my recipe: 1 part confectionary sugar. 1 part baking soda. Mix well and ants will be. Or: 2 parts molasses. 1 part sugar. 1 part dry yeast. Mix and dab a little on a piece of card board near where you see them. Or: Corn meal works wonderful. Just spread a little around ant holes or hills. They take it into their nests and the cornmeal ferments killing the ants.

The first posting I left was from memory and not correct.

Mix equal parts of borax and sugar with just enough water to make a paste. Place on pieces of cardboard where you see the ants. May take a few days to get rid of them completely.

Home and Garden Pest Control AntsJuly 15, 2009
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:10:42 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.