General AdviceConsumer Advice

Reputable Gold and Silver Exchanges

Can anyone recommend a reputable mail order gold and silver exchange? Although it sounds a bit risky to me, Google searching recommends doing this by mail and using a BBB accredited business for the best rates. I would have thought a local jeweler would be the better choice but have no experience with this.

By gye

You might check to see if Dillon Gage accepts gold and jewelry from "walkins" or those who aren't in the business.

Their webpage is here: ttp://www.dillongage.com/Default.aspx

I want to add that I don't believe jewelry stores are the best place to sell gold or jewelry. I tried that in trade once. I had a pearl set in a locket and thought that a little glob of gold I took in would pay for it and give me a little money in return.

I know the glob was real because my ex-husband who was a jeweler and specialized in creating jewelry for large stores, gave it to me as a necklace at one time. He eventually took one of the stones out, so it was no good to me as it was. The jewelry store took the gold and still charged me $15 or $20. I figured that gold was worth at least 10 times that.

I have done business with Browns Custom Jewelry for sometime now and I have found them to be very reputable and fair people. You can check out their webpage at: www.BrownsCustomJewelry.com