What is the Best Carpet Cleaning Method?

How do you clean carpet?

By Donna M. from Hurst, TX

I used to live in Hurst Texas, had my babies at Harris Methodist HEB.....

I like to spray it with a mixture of fabric softener and water about 2 water to one fabric softener...and it helps get up pet hair. I use a rubber wonder mop and it gets it up really well. On spots that I spot treat, I use pine sol, or dawn or whatever mixed with some water and spray it on the spots. I don't generally use the carpet cleaners you buy at the store. I read somewhere on here that someone uses a mop dipped in cleaner on the carpet too. I have not tried that yet.

Robyn

Get a steam vac to clean it. It works all over the house on carpet, good luck.

I don't know if you mean a fitted carpet or large rugs. The guy at the carpet shop where I purchased my acrylic carpets, woolen carpets and silk mix carpets always told me to scrub them with plain white vinegar and water - half and half - and I always have had good results.

September 8, 2009 Flag

What can clean a heavily soiled carpet better: steam cleaning or dry chemical cleaning?

Holly from Richardson, TX

Answers:

Has anyone used Host Dry?

I saw Host Dry as one of the advertisers on the right of this website. It's a dry cleaning method that is supposed to be green and safe for pets and children. Has anyone had any experience with this product or company? (05/18/2008)

By Linda

I too am from the DFW area and Orek Stores have a dry cleaning rental system called the ORBITOR that works great! I believe it was $50 a weekend plus the dry chemicals (powder stuff) which was like $30. However, the powder lasted forever. When ever I had a spot I would just sprinkle on the spot and scrub in all directions with a bristle brush, let dry and vacuum. Worked like a charm for small jobs. You'll need the actual machine for large jobs. Good luck! (05/19/2008)

By Andjerm

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetSeptember 8, 2009
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine
🎉
🎄