Could This Be a Piano Stool?

I have an old chair with a turnable seat to adjust higher or lower, no arms, claw feet holding clear glass or crystal balls. It's small, about 4 feet tall with dark wood, and metal attachments for the turnstyle.

I was not sure what type of chair it is. My neighbor told me it might be a piano chair; it looks old. It is not 4 feet tall, but more like 3 feet. Is my neighbor possibly right (without looking at a picture) that it is a piano chair?

By Joni from CT

Piano stools come as you describe yours and also rectangular. Go to google and type in "piano stool"

a lot of sites will come up that have pics of piano stools. A few are round.

It could be-my roommate was classically trained in Italy, and he says that most piano benches open up for sheet music. But I think you'll have more luck with goolging piano benches. Rarely are the two sold separate. But, who knows?

Perhaps it was a chair that a "midget person" used. They wouldn't use normal size furniture because they wouldn't fit into it. Perhaps a piano playing "midget person" used it in a traveling carnival? Something to think about eh?

Yes, it IS a piano stool. It adjusts for height by spinning the seat of the stool around.

Definitely a piano stool.

Consumer Advice Collectibles AntiquesNovember 5, 2009
Piano Keyboard
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors From a Piano
Man Pointing at Brake Rotor
Fixing Squeaky Brakes
pug looking sad.
Dog With Soft Stool
Photo of a sad puppy laying on the floor.
Puppy With Blood in its Stool
🎉
🎄