Typewriter Accidentally Plugged into 230 Instead of 110 Outlet

I plugged in my Smith Corona electric typewriter (color gray and portable) into a 230 volt socket and it needs only 110-120 volts. It turned off suddenly and smells bad, but no smoke came out. It burned. It didn't burn like a burnt piece of wood. Can it still be fixed? If yes, what does it need to have replaced? There are a lot of electricians in my place.

By David from Philippines

Nope. You've fried the circuitry and modules. If you contact the company they may be able to send you new guts. Good luck!

Other than buying a new typewriter you might try a shop that repairs typewriters. They may have the elements to repair the typewriter if they think it is savlvageable. Of course you might try out the typewriter in a 110 volt receptacle to make sure the circuit boards are cooked.

Can it be repaired by an electrician? And by the way, my country uses 230 volts instead of 110 volts. I don't like to plug it in a voltage converter, it may get worse. I don't see any typewriter repair shops in here because its all computers and printers. You know that most of the old stuff is fading away from the world.

by David

I know what's the problem in here. I checked it a while ago and it was a fuse. Where can I get a fuse for this typewriter in Philippines? This brand is SL575 Spell, Right Dictionary.

Thanks anyway, I found a repair shop for my typewriter. Maybe I can convert it to 220 volts instead of 110 volts.

Electric Typewriter
Repairing an Electric Typewriter
Home and Garden Repair OfficeFebruary 1, 2011
Halloween treats made from bananas and oranges. The oranges look like pumpkins and the bananas look like ghosts.
Healthy Halloween Treats
Plug Outlet
Getting Plugs to Stay in Outlets
Man fixing and electrical outlet
Repairing an Electric Outlet
changing an outlet
Changing a 15 Amp Outlet to 20 Amps
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 3:18:00 AM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.