Advice For Preparing MDF Surface For Lacquer

Hello fellow Thriftiers,
My work was throwing out old office furniture and I grabbed a bureau. It is mdf with a wood-like laminate. I want to paint it glossy black - Chinese lacquer style. Can anyone give me advice about preparing the surfaces please? Many thanks.

Kate from Melbourne, Australia

I think you need to lightly sand the surface (to remove any varnish) and paint it with a priming coat first. If I were you, I'd go into the nearest hardware store and ask! Try Bunnings, if you have one nearby. I'm sure that they can tell you what you need to do, and what products you will need to buy.

Home and Garden Home Improvement FurnitureSeptember 26, 2007
decoupaged bowl
Decoupage Tips and Tricks
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
Wood Table Finish
Repairing Wood Table Finish
boy squeezing blemish
Remedy for Whiteheads